ant-user mailing list archives

From "Shackelford, John-Mason" <Sha...@ncs.com>
Subject RE: Task-writing tutorial anywhere?
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2002 18:30:32 GMT
I am still green but I'd be willing to bet that the problem lies with your
antcalls and not with the filters.

John-Mason Shackelford

Software Developer
NCS Pearson - Measurement Services
2510 North Dodge St.
Iowa City, IA 52245
319-354-9200x6214
shacjo@ncs.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian DeWeese [mailto:brd1_reuters@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, October 04, 2002 1:27 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: Task-writing tutorial anywhere?

I've written a couple of filters as well and I have problems with running
out of memory. However, it may be a problem with <antcall> instead.  I make
aprox. 20 calls to <antcall> to run a target that uses filters to parse
specialized portions of the javadoc in a .java file into an .html file.  I
use to do this parsing via javascript but it ran out of memory.  I suspected
the cause was the repeated calls into BSF and Rhino so I rewrote them as
filters.  But I still have the  same error.

It only runs out of memory if I run this as the last step of a long build
process.  If I run it by itself it works ok.

Something in Ant 1.5 is leaking memory.  But I haven't investigated yet to
determine what.

Brian