ant-user mailing list archives

From "Shackelford, John-Mason" <Sha...@ncs.com>
Subject RE: start process
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 15:22:35 GMT
Farrell,

I believe you were on the right track using the "start" command in win2k.
This is the approach I use. I wonder if the /k switch would make any
difference for you?

John-Mason Shackelford

Software Developer
NCS Pearson - Measurement Services
2510 North Dodge St.
Iowa City, IA 52245
319-354-9200x6214
shacjo@ncs.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Farrell.Wilson@alltel.com [mailto:Farrell.Wilson@alltel.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2002 9:38 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: start process

Is there a way to have an ant script start a process, return to the script
and then exit the script leaving the process up and running?

o/s = Windows 2000 sp3

I have tried parallel and fork.
I have also tried creating an ant script that invokes a batch file
containing only "start c:\startServer.cmd", but the script does not exit
until I run "c:\stopServer.cmd" (stop the started process)

I could do some trick stuff, but I don't really want to, as the ant script
will be used by many developers invoking targets from netbeans ide to start
and stop an app/web server.

thanks in advance for any help.

Farrell