ant-user mailing list archives

From Mike Williams <m...@bigfoot.com>
Subject Trying to re-use taskdef's classpath with the task
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:42:44 GMT
I'm getting confused with class-loader issues, and need help.

I have a custom taskdef, which I declare as follows:

        <taskdef name="vdoclet"
                 classname="vdoclet.ant.VDocletTask">
            <classpath>
                <path refid="main.classpath" />
            </classpath>
        </taskdef>

The "main.classpath" contains all the classes I need to run my task.

Later, I use the task like this:

        <vdoclet destDir="build/examples/qsmoketest"
                 template="Control.vm">
            <classpath>
                <pathelement location="examples/smoketest" />
            </classpath>
            <fileset dir="src/java" />
        </vdoclet>

Internally, this is forking off a separate VM using the Java task.  I want
the classpath of the forked VM to include the "examples/smoketest"
directory, plus everything in "main.classpath", ie. the classpath I
declared the "vdoclet" task with.

I'd rather not have to explicitly include "main.classpath" when using my
task.  Is there some way my vdoclet.ant.VDocletTask can determine it's own
classpath?

--
cheers, Mike

"Why does man kill? He kills for food.
 And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage."
        -- Woody Allen