ant-user mailing list archives

From shivaken <shiva...@jcom.home.ne.jp>
Subject Re: command line front end.
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 08:55:30 GMT
Hi jake.

I released 0.1.1 at the site.
http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/shivaken/
And I setted manual page. Please visit that.

> I've attached an "antshell.bat" script (inside the antshell_winbatch.zip
> file).  It is mostly ripped off from the ant.bat script.

Unfortunately in this mailing list, attached file seems to be removed.
Please send it to me.

> BTW, here are a couple of nits....
>
> 1.  If the Readline library doesn't exist, maybe you could output a warning
> about that rather than letting it display the following that I get:
>
> couldn't load readline lib. Using simple stdin.
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no JavaReadline in java.library.path
>          at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1403)
>          at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:788)
>          at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:832)
>          at org.gnu.readline.Readline.load(Readline.java:123)
>          at GnuReadline.<init>(Unknown Source)
>          at Shell.<init>(Unknown Source)
>          at Shell.main(Unknown Source)

That was for debug... removed at 0.1.1.

> 2.  Is "exist" a possible keyword that might be used as an Ant target
> name?  Probably not, but something to think about.

Now, "reload" and "exit" is reserved keyword.
It will be able to be changed by setting file near future.

> 3.  When I just hit "enter" without actually typing anything to the command
> line, I get the following error after which antshell abruptly exits.  Might
> want to ignore that and just do nothing except show another prompt like any
> other command line program:

>          at java.util.regex.Matcher.getTextLength(Matcher.java:741)
>          at java.util.regex.Matcher.find(Matcher.java:414)
>          at java.util.regex.Pattern.split(Pattern.java:934)
>          at java.util.regex.Pattern.split(Pattern.java:992)
>          at CommandManager.getArguments(Unknown Source)
>          at CommandManager.createCommands(Unknown Source)
>          at Shell.start(Unknown Source)
>          at Shell.main(Unknown Source)

This is fixed at 0.1.1, thanks.

> 4.  I can't type stuff like "-projecthelp" to see the available targets.  I
> just get "no such commands.".  Might want to enable that as well as being
> able to add other command line switches like -Dmysystemproperty=foobar

I want to prepare "help" or "projecthelp" command.

> The 4th one is the only real usability killer here.  All the others are
> just comments about making it more user friendly.  Nice tool!!!!
>
> Jake

I will write help command to solve that.
And, because I don't use windows, I don't support windows, now.
So, your comment is very helpful.
Thank you.

--  shivaken