ant-user mailing list archives

From Brian DeWeese <brd1_reut...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Task-writing tutorial anywhere?
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2002 18:26:38 GMT
I've written a couple of filters as well and I have problems with
running out of memory. However, it may be a problem with <antcall>
instead.  I make aprox. 20 calls to <antcall> to run a target that
uses filters to parse specialized portions of the javadoc in a .java
file into an .html file.  I use to do this parsing via javascript but
it ran out of memory.  I suspected the cause was the repeated calls
into BSF and Rhino so I rewrote them as filters.  But I still have
the  same error.

It only runs out of memory if I run this as the last step of a long
build process.  If I run it by itself it works ok.

Something in Ant 1.5 is leaking memory.  But I haven't investigated
yet to determine what.

Brian