ant-user mailing list archives

From M Damon Hill <hwgwl...@yahoo.com>
Subject Setting flag based upon Javac Status
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2002 21:47:51 GMT

Good day!

I am trying to perform a very simple task, but as the day draws to an end here in Dallas,
I can't seem to come up with the answer. So, I will pose it to the list and see what responses
I get.
Here it is:
I have a multi-layer project that contains subprojects, each with their own call to <javac>.
I do NOT want the entire project to fail when ONE subproject encounters a compilation error
(if it does). I want the ENTIRE project to be compiled and then to either stop (don't run
the JUnit tests if compilation errors occured) or continue (run JUnit tests because compilation
was successful for the entire project).
SOOOO, I need to understand Ant a little better, obviously, but is there a way to set a property
based upon the result of each individual subprojects output from the <javac> task. Meaning
if one project fails, and I set a property and not run the JUnit tests?
Thanks in advance for your help.
cheers,
M Damon Hill