ant-user mailing list archives

From "Luoh Ren-Shan" <lu...@iii.org.tw>
Subject <java> task: shutdown hook / NoClassDefFoundError
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2002 07:44:38 GMT
Hi,
    I'm using Ant 1.5.1 + Sun JDK 1.4.0-b92 on Win 2K Pro SP2.

    When using the <java> task to launch my program,
    I'm in a dilemma about forking or not.

    If I choose not to fork, then I will get some
    NoClassDefFoundError with sun.reflect.* classes.
    The problem has been mentioned before,
    and it seems that Steve Loughran has a fix for it.
    But 1.5.1 doesn't has the fix inside.

    If I choose to fork, then the shutdown hook of my
    program will not be triggered while Ctrl+C being
    pressed on the console window.
    (ProcessDestroyer.java -> java.lang.Process.destroy()
     -> Win32Process_md.c -> TerminateProcess()
     -> shutdown hook will NOT be invoked)

    Please help. Thank you.

Luoh Ren-Shan