ant-user mailing list archives

From "Terry Steichen" <te...@net-frame.com>
Subject Copying Question vis-a-vis Windows NT
Date Sat, 26 Oct 2002 22:42:14 GMT
When I use a standard <copy> task between a local Windows98 directory and a network directory
hosted on a WindowsME machine, it works exactly as it should.  But, when I use precisely the
same script on a WindowsNT machine targeting the Windows ME (or Windows 98) machines, Ant
appears to copy indiscriminantly, without regard to the prior existence of identical files
on the target machines.

This is the simple Ant file I've used for testing.  On the NT, it will repeat the copying
as many times as you run it, but on the Win98, it will actually copy the files only the first
time (as it should).

<project name="testing" default="backup" >

    <target name="backup" >

         <copy todir="e:/copy_test" preservelastmodified="yes">
              <fileset dir="c:/copy_test">
                   <include name="*.*"/>
              </fileset>
         </copy>

         <copy todir="f:/copy_test" preservelastmodified="yes">
              <fileset dir="c:/copy_test">
                   <include name="*.*"/>
              </fileset>
         </copy>

     </target>
</project>

Is there any record of Windows NT behaving differently from other Ant hosts?  (I've searched
through the mailing list without luck on this topic, though I vaguely recall reading something
relating to it some time ago.)

Thanks in advance,

Terry