ant-user mailing list archives

From "Lisa Knee" <lisa.k...@clarussystems.com>
Subject Re: updating jar files with each build
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2002 00:56:02 GMT
Yes, I saw that, and ideally it would work that way but I found that the
delete task worked better.

thanks!

lisa

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kris Henderson" <khenderson@peerless.com>
To: "Ant Users List" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2002 5:41 PM
Subject: RE: updating jar files with each build

Maybe this will help,  the <jar> task documentation states this:

"The update parameter controls what happens if the JAR file already
exists. When set to yes, the JAR file is updated with the files
specified. When set to no (the default) the JAR file is overwritten. An
example use of this is provided in the Zip task documentation."

Kris