ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Copying Question vis-a-vis Windows NT
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2002 17:55:36 GMT
this is probably a system clock issue more than anything else: get all
machines clocks in sync

----- Original Message -----
From: "Terry Steichen" <terry@net-frame.com>
To: "Ant Users List" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 26, 2002 2:42 PM
Subject: Copying Question vis-a-vis Windows NT

When I use a standard <copy> task between a local Windows98 directory and a
network directory hosted on a WindowsME machine, it works exactly as it
should.  But, when I use precisely the same script on a WindowsNT machine
targeting the Windows ME (or Windows 98) machines, Ant appears to copy
indiscriminantly, without regard to the prior existence of identical files
on the target machines.

This is the simple Ant file I've used for testing.  On the NT, it will
repeat the copying as many times as you run it, but on the Win98, it will
actually copy the files only the first time (as it should).