ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: content based uptodate
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2002 17:09:32 GMT
I have a not-yet-committeed patch to ant of a <different> mapper, that
compares content. If files have the same timestamp and size they are
considered equal, but if the timestamps are different we do a byte for byte
compare.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Dougherty" <MDougherty@XIFIN.Com>
To: "Ant Users (E-mail)" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2002 8:29 AM
Subject: content based uptodate

> Is there a way to find out if a file is uptodate based on the contents of
that file rather than the modified time? For example the server software is
reinstalled, thereby setting the modified time to current, I still want Ant
to configure it based on the templates in StarTeam, which may not have been
modified for a number of months. But on the same token I don't want the file
to be copied every time the deploy target is called, so always setting
overwrite=true will not do.

> /mike
>

> Mike Dougherty
> Sr. Software Engineer   | mdougherty@xifin.com
> XIFIN, Inc.             | http://www.xifin.com <http://www.xifin.com/>
> Ph: 760.804.0770 x47    | Fax: 760.804.0851
>
> This message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may
recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original
message.