ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Sorting filesets
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 23:01:13 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Jablow" <erjablow@praxiseng.com>
To: "'Ant Users List'" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2002 11:24 AM
Subject: RE: Sorting filesets

It tends to run them in order test1, test2, etc. but that may be an artifact
of how the JVM runtime, rather than junit itself.

> If you need to run a set of tests in a specific order, you
> can construct a test suite by hand in a Java file.  If you
> want to be able to run a single test, you can use the
> technique in Hatcher and Loughran's book on page 103.

My thoughts exactly :)

Actually I am doing some project now where a fair few tests only work when
the system is on a net, so for all to work well on the laptop I have a
pattern Net*Test.java for those tasks to exclude when offline=true; patterns
are your friend when it comes to managing tests.

> If you're writing tests that depend on ordering, don't.

agreed.