ant-user mailing list archives

From "Markus Dettori" <markus.dett...@wuerth-phoenix.com>
Subject Ant memory leak version 1.5
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2002 07:23:05 GMT
Hi all,

First a short description of the problem:

I got a very strange "out of memory" error using ant,
when I use only 5 antcalls within my targets.
The main tasks I use are: junit, junitreport and starting
our own server with different jvmargs.
The memory settings for all are high enough and all are forked,
if possible. Printing out the -verbosegc for my server and the junit
task leads to nothing but, available memory.
I do not use the javac compiler!
Seems that ant has a problem, 'cos I commented out the Xalan thing
for writing the reports.

I read something about this stuff,  but I want to know if this is fixed
in the new version. Please give me a brief description of this and why
this happens, so I can avoid it within my targets.

Thanks,
M. Dettori