ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jens Viebig" <js...@gmx.de>
Subject jspc Task usage ?
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2002 15:46:38 GMT
Is anyone using the jspc task to precompile jsp ?
I'm Using Tomcat 4.0.4
What i like to do is:
- precompile my jsp ( generate .java files)
- compile to class files
- update my web.xml
- Deploy my application without .jsp files

I tried to do it like this:

      <jspc
      srcdir="src/web"
      destdir="build/jsp-gensrc"
      verbose="9"
      webinc="src/merge/web/webinc.xml"
      uriroot="src/web">
      <include name="**/*.jsp" />
      </jspc>

Problems occuring:
- How to specify the 'webapp' - Flag ? there is a addWebApp()-Method in the
jspc-Task but i don't know how to use it from my build.xml-File

 - All java-Files get the same package name (...in the same directory
killing each other) . But i have index.jsp and subdir/index.jsp so package
for the second jsp should include subdir.
- webinc.xml servlet-mappings are incorrect:

 <servlet-mapping>
  <url-pattern>\index.jsp</url-pattern>
  <servlet-name>index</servlet-name>
 </servlet-mapping>

should be

 <servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>index</servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>\index.jsp</url-pattern>
 </servlet-mapping>

(Validation in JBoss/Tomcat Bundle fails telling me that url-pattern is not
allowed at this place)

if i do it via the command line:
jspc.bat -v1 -d build/jspgensrc -webinc src/merge/web/webinc.xml -webapp
src/web the first issue does not occur. The second issue is still there.

Greets
Jens Viebig