ant-user mailing list archives

From "Rob van Oostrum" <rva...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: xmlproperty - clarification please
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2002 11:43:24 GMT
ant would resolve your properties file as follows:

env.name=u03
env.server.app.hostname=caix01

etc

after the first set of properties, the rest are ignored because those
property names have already been set.

having a property defined as env=u02 doesn't affect the way the xml file is
processed

----- Original Message -----
From: "Simon Baker" <simon.baker@clearmoney.com>
To: "'Ant Users List'" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 1:32 PM
Subject: xmlproperty - clarification please

> I am playing around with using an xml file to load properties into my
build
> file. The xml properties are as follows ....
>
> <environments>
>
> <env name="u03">
> <server.app.hostname>caix01</server.app.hostname>
> <server.app.username>root</server.app.username>
> <server.app.password>root</server.app.password>
> <server.app.rootdir>/clearstage/env/u03</server.app.rootdir>

<billers>amexc,barcc,brgas,brtel,gfish,mbnac,mnsfs,morst,jlpac,onetl,orang,t
> elew,tmobl,virgc,virge,vodaf</billers>
> <debug>on</debug>
> </env>
>
> <env name="u02">
> <server.app.hostname>caix01</server.app.hostname>
> <server.app.username>root</server.app.username>
> <server.app.password>root</server.app.password>
> <server.app.rootdir>/clearstage/env/u02</server.app.rootdir>

<billers>amexc,barcc,brgas,brtel,gfish,mbnac,mnsfs,morst,jlpac,onetl,orang,t
> elew,tmobl,virgc,virge,vodaf</billers>
> <debug>on</debug>
> </env>
>
> </environments>
>
> My ant code looks like:
>
> <project name="play" default="init" basedir=".">
>
>     <target name="init">
>
> <property name="env" value="u02"/>
>
> <xmlproperty file="${basedir}/env.xml"
> keeproot="false"/>
>
>         <echo>server.app.hostname=${env.server.app.hostname}</echo>
>         <echo>server.app.username=${env.server.app.username}</echo>
>         <echo>server.app.password=${env.server.app.password}</echo>
>         <echo>server.app.rootdir=${env.server.app.rootdir}</echo>
>         <echo>billers=${env.billers}</echo>
>         <echo>debug=${env.debug}</echo>
>
>     </target>
>
> </project>
>
> In a similar example in the book by Steve Loughran/Erik Hatcher, on page
76
> it says that a customer property (aka my env property) can  be overridden
at
> the command line like: ant -Dcustomer=joes_garage. However, further in the
> text it describes a limitation of xmproperty - it handles only the first
of
> duplicate elements.
>
> So does this mean that my example cannot successfully load the correct
> properties based upon the command line, eg. ant -Denv=u02 or
ant -Denv=u03?

> Certainly i only get the first sibling element, ie. u03 nomatter what i
> specify the env property to be ....
>

> Simon Baker
> Clear Money Ltd.
> 84-86 Regent Street
> London
> W1B 5RR
> t: +44 (0)20 7025 6605
> f: +44 (0)20 7025 6501
> e: simon.baker@clearmoney.com
>
> Visit our web site at: <http://www.clear.co.uk>

> Confidentiality: this e-mail and any attachments may be confidential. If
you are not the intended recipient you should not read, copy, distribute,
disclose or otherwise use the information in this e-mail and any
attachments. Please reply to this e-mail highlighting the error and delete
the e-mail and any attachments from your system.

> Security Warning: please note that this e-mail has been created in the
knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a 100% secure communications medium.
We suggest that you consider this when e-mailing us.

> Viruses: although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and
attachments are free from any virus we advise that in keeping with good
computing practice the recipients should ensure that they are actually virus
free.

> Clear, Clear Money and the Clear logo are trade marks of Clear Money
Limited and they should not be used, nor should any part of the material in
this e-mail be copied, without our prior written permission. Clear Money
Limited is a limited liability company incorporated in the UK. Registered
Office: 84-86 Regent Street, London. W1B 5RR. Telephone: 020 7025 6500. Fax:
020 7025 6501. Corporation No: 03873527. VAT No: 751 8550 22.