ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Task-writing tutorial anywhere?
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2002 17:41:38 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shackelford, John-Mason" <ShacJo@ncs.com>
To: "'Ant Users List'" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, October 04, 2002 9:05 AM
Subject: RE: Task-writing tutorial anywhere?

> You can obtain a PDF of the Hatcher / Loughran book immediately at the
> Manning site (http://www.manning.com/hatcher/index.html). If you then
> purchase the book from Manning, they will give you a significant discount
> making the purchase of the PDF free.

Amazon.co.uk are also selling it at the bargain price of 26 pounds, which
makes it the best source for the product in the EU countries that I know of.

> I use the book nearly everyday and, quite frankly, its one of the most
> carefully crafted technical books I own--and I have quite a few ;)

That is good to hear. Especially since writing it was like trying to do a
masters degree in our spare time.

FYI I've just been pushing the envelope in Ant again, this time with .NET
server and Axis client interop tests. Ran into Brian Felden (he of the
recent VBC contrib) at the talk. Its always good to meet other ant folk face
to face:

Even if you dont care for the topic, Its worth the download for the photos:

http://www.iseran.com/Steve/papers/interop/

-Steve