ant-user mailing list archives

From "Eric Jablow" <erjab...@praxiseng.com>
Subject RE: Sorting filesets
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 18:24:34 GMT

Typically, you don't want to do this. Tests should be
independent of each other.  JUnit does not guarantee the
order it will run tests within a Test class, and I don't
think Ant guarantees the order it will run tests.

If you need to run a set of tests in a specific order, you
can construct a test suite by hand in a Java file.  If you
want to be able to run a single test, you can use the
technique in Hatcher and Loughran's book on page 103.

If you're writing tests that depend on ordering, don't.

Respectfully,
Eric Jablow
Praxis Engineering Technologies, Inc.
301-490-4299 x. 131.