ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kyle Adams" <kad...@gfs.com>
Subject Promoting EARs
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 15:12:39 GMT
I've been asked to write scripts to automate our promotion process (from
Dev to Test to Production).

We deploy our applications as EARs, typically containing one WAR and
multiple EJB JARs.  Our promotion process consists of extracting the
deployment descriptors, making necessary changes to move from one
environment to the next, placing the modified DDs back in the archives,
and FTPing everything up.

Currently we do this by hand.  Looking at the core set of Ant tasks, I
see some problems with automating the process - I can unear the
application, then unzip all of the archives it contains, and use a
<patternset> to only extract deployment descriptors.  The problem is
that all of our EJB DDs have the same names - ejbjar.xml and
weblogic-ejbjar.xml.  Thus, they end up over-writing each other on
extraction.

Thus, I'm at a loss as to easy ways to extract files (with the same
name) from multiple archives in such a way that they don't stomp all
over each other.  I could write my own task, creating separate
subdirectories within the destination directory to separate out the EJB
DDs, but I wanted to check if anyone else has addressed this issue
before.

Thanks,

Kyle Adams
Java Developer