ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Task Wierdness
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2002 06:24:10 GMT
On 24 Sep 2002, chayim kirshen <chayim@somanetworks.com> wrote:

> It looks as if (ant -debug helped here) the directory doesn't
> actually change when you do an ant dir, ant yet I'm doing ant
> antfile all over the place and that works.

I'm not sure what you mean by "directory doesn't actually change".

If you are talking about the current working directory of the JVM
running Ant, you are absolutely correct, it doesn't change - and there
wouldn't be an easy (portable) way to do so anyway.

If you are talking about the called project's basedir, this depends on
the combination of attributes on your <ant> task - see the table under
the heading "Basedir of the new project" in the manual for <ant>.

Stefan