ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Avoiding <foreach> task
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 06:43:52 GMT
On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Matthew Rawlings
<> wrote:

> By searching the mail lists I understand using the <foreach> task is
> frowned upon. Is this correct?

The short answer is yes.  I think you've found the long answer by
reading the archives.

> How can I <gunzip> all the files in a directory that match a
> pattern?

You can't (at least not yet).

> The <gunzip> task only operates on one file at a time. What was the
> design decision not to make it operate on a fileset?

It probably never occured to the original task writer that somebody
wanted to do that.  If you want to file an enhancement request or
maybe even code up that functionality, I'm rather positive it would
make it into Ant 1.6.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message