ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: classpath insanity
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 05:43:56 GMT
On Wed, 4 Sep 2002, Guy McArthur <guym@guymcarthur.com> wrote:

> What is going on?

I guess we are talking about Ant 1.5 here, yes?

Ant already ships with Xerces 2.0.2 and xml-apis.jar from Apache
xml-commons (which should be the same xml-apis.jar that ships with
Xalan-J 2.2.0 and higher).  Those are on the system classloader.

The LinkageError probably occurs because your Xalan has been loaded by
"your" classloader and tries to load a class from xml-apis or xerces -
and is getting the one from the system classloader which is probably
too new for your Xalan (as you use BSF, I guess it is Xalan-J 1.x).

Stefan