ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: some ant tasks are more equal than others
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 05:50:02 GMT
On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Miguel Howard <miguel@howards.org> wrote:

> Frankly, it looks like there was a lot of mud being slung,

Normal operation mode for many Open Source teams 8-)

> but not too many bricks being made.

Not quite.  CVS HEAD (what is going to be the next major Ant release -
probably 1.6 - not 1.5.1) allows all tasks to be children of project.

> As best I can tell, ant2 *will* allow target-less tasks

You are confusing two things.  Allow all tasks at the same level as
targets is in, the "targetless" is about having build files that don't
have any targets at all (which CVS HEAD does not allow ATM).

Stefan