ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OutOfMemory errors
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 06:56:35 GMT
On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Matt Seibert <mseibert@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> I have tried ant 1.5, 1.5.1, and the 1.6 beta, and they all
> experience this problem.  Any assistance would be GREATLY welcomed.

One thing you should check is whether it is really Ant or javac that
is using up the memory.

of memory, they at least try to give it back to the garbage collector
when done.  javac on the other hand is known to leak memory, file
handles and probably other resources as well.

If you can, try to switch to some external compiler (i.e. use
fork="true" or compiler="jikes") and see whether it improves the
situation.

Stefan