ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: pattern test/*/**
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2002 06:18:58 GMT
On Sun, 29 Sep 2002, Sven Köhler <> wrote:

> according to the rules the pattern
>    test/asdf/**
> matches the directory test/asdf itself, and all it's subdirectories.

Does it match asdf itself?

> what i try to do is to exclude all subdirectories of test/ but not
> to exclude the files within test/

In most cases (<fileset> for example), Ant will only work with the
matched files and not the directories, so test/* will match the
directories as well as the files, but Ant will ignore the directories.

For the other issue.  Can you put together a simple testcase to plug
into Ant's DirectoryScannerTest JUnit test so we can (1) verify the
bug and (2) fix it.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message