ant-user mailing list archives

From "David M. Smith" <>
Subject [Q:] Writing a simple Ant task?
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2002 11:51:38 GMT

I wanted to write a task along the following lines

<mytask srcfile="" destfile="">
        <param find="Key1" replaceWith="Value1"/>
        <param find="Key2" replaceWith="Value2"/>

        <param find="Keyn" replaceWith="Valuen"/>

In reading through the documentation trying to write this task I came
across copy and filterset which seem to do exactly what I want.

However, I would still like to understand how I would write this task.

Looking at the Ant source code, it seems generic enough to be able to
handle arbitary nested elements, but what methods must I put on my task
class to support this? I am thinking createParam(), setParam() and

Do I need to create a ant.types.Param class?

Any advice that helps me write this task would be gratefully received.

David M. Smith

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message