ant-user mailing list archives

From "David M. Smith" <david.sm...@home-free.demon.co.uk>
Subject [Q:] Writing a simple Ant task?
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2002 11:51:38 GMT
Hi,

I wanted to write a task along the following lines

<mytask srcfile="" destfile="">
        <param find="Key1" replaceWith="Value1"/>
        <param find="Key2" replaceWith="Value2"/>

        <param find="Keyn" replaceWith="Valuen"/>
</mytask>

In reading through the documentation trying to write this task I came
across copy and filterset which seem to do exactly what I want.

However, I would still like to understand how I would write this task.

Looking at the Ant source code, it seems generic enough to be able to
handle arbitary nested elements, but what methods must I put on my task
class to support this? I am thinking createParam(), setParam() and
getParam().

Do I need to create a ant.types.Param class?

Any advice that helps me write this task would be gratefully received.

Regards,
David
--
David M. Smith