ant-user mailing list archives

From fredrik.blo...@ibs.se
Subject Installation/Running
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 13:05:09 GMT
Hi ,

I have problem running (starting ant ) under win2000.
I have looked into the documentation and set up the environment
accordingly.
I have searched the mailing lists and bug database but i cannot solve the
problem.

When running the command ant from the command prompt i get the message "The
system cannot find the specified path".
ANT_HOME = C:\Ant\bin
JAVA_HOME = C:\jdk1.3.1_04\bin
PATH = %PATH%;%ANT_HOME%

I have set all paths according to the documentation and extracted the
zip-file but nothing helps.

The file i have used for this is named : jakarta-ant-1.3-bin.zip

Please help me , what should i do ?
My antfile doesn't sem to be an excecutable file , what about the BAT-files
?
Should they all be run before i can use ant ?
Is there a better installation document somewhere ?

/Fredrik Blommé