ant-user mailing list archives

From "John P. McGrath" <JPMcGr...@JPMcGrath.net>
Subject RE: class loader question
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 17:42:17 GMT
Hi Fei:

I would really rather that you post questions to the newsgroups, rather than
send them to me via private e-mail.  That gives everyone the opportunity to
reply, and everyone else the opportunity to read the replies and learn from
them.

I wrote a little more on this subject on my web site (it comes up often),
and there is a reference to this page at the bottom of all of my newsgroup
postings.  The URL is:

    http://www.jpmcgrath.net/newsgroups/e-mail.html

Regards,

John McGrath

-----Original Message-----
From: Fei Sha [mailto:Fei.Sha@prism.uvsq.fr]
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 8:15 AM
To: mailto:
Subject: class loader question

Hi,
         I'm writing tasks that share java objects with each other.
The shared objects are hold by a TaskContainer task. The tasks sharing
objects
are put into the same task container. The fact that the task container
and the sub tasks are loaded into different class loaders makes class
casting impossible.

To work around I defined all sub tasks with the corresponding classes
loaded into the
task container's class loader. (By doing
getProject().addTaskDefinition(...) in the
task container's setProject() method) . One of the problems is that the
task container
may not know all the possible sub tasks.

Is there a better way to force the sub tasks to be loaded into the task
container's class
loader?

Thanks!

Fei

PS: Please cc to me as I'm not subscribed to this list.