ant-user mailing list archives

From "Geoff Meakin" <geo...@isocra.com>
Subject If anybody is interested.. [foreach] task which doesnt run out of memory.
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2002 12:48:06 GMT
I've adapted the [foreach] task so that it doesnt run out of memory, because
it no
longer uses an implicit antcall, but has nested tasks in it instead. Its
also a lot
faster.

I.e.

<foreach2 param="srcfile">
  <fileset dir="base">
    <include name="**/*.txt"/>
  </fileset>
  <do>
    <echo message="Found the following text file: ${srcfile}"/>
  </do>
</foreach2>

If anybody is interested let me know and I'll tell you where you can get it.
It has minor limitations, (can run Sequential, but not Parallel nested
tasks)
but (AFAIK) not many. I've cleaned it up a bit after I sent it to
ant-contrib
and ant-dev, so its documented and list works too.. however I doubt it will
ever be included in ant-contrib or ant-dev. It works with ANT1.5b1

Cheers
-Geoff