ant-user mailing list archives

From "Geoff Meakin" <>
Subject RE: Need Help with <antcall> task // Property scopes??
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2002 16:47:33 GMT
Further to investigations, it seems if I call inheritAll="false" on
<antcall> it doesnt work for properties defined as children of <project>
There's not a bug listed against the database about this.
I wasn't aware properties has "scope". Do they??

<project name="bar" default="main" basedir=".">

<target name="main">
  <property name="prop1" value="value1"/>
  <antcall target="foo" inheritAll="false">
    <param name="prop2" value="value2"/>
<target name="foo">
  <echo message="prop1 is ${prop1}"/>
  <echo message="prop2 is ${prop2}"/>

Gives me the following output
prop1 is ${prop1}
prop2 is value2

but as soon as the property goes outside the target, I get:
prop1 is value1
prop2 is value2

What do you think? I'd appreciate knowing whats right and wrong..
Thanks -Geoff