ant-user mailing list archives

From David McTavish <>
Subject RE: Properties are causing problem in 1.5
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2002 19:35:58 GMT
I had a problem similar to this. What I had to do was make the secondary
task a dependency of the first task in order to inherit the property.

<target name="error_analysis" depends="set_attribute">
   <echo message="${ea_survivalVar}" />

<target name="set_attribute">
	<property name="ea_survivalVar" value="x" />

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark R. Diggory []
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 3:32 PM
Subject: Properties are causing problem in 1.5

I didn't get any response from the group so I'm reposting this message:

Hello all,

I'm working with nested properties in some custom tasks. The property
"ea_survivalVar" is supposed to get set and then the the task "beta" is
supposed to pick up its value. (See below)

These work fine in 1.4.1 but now I get problems when I try to use 1.5.

Now in Ant 1.5 the property "ea_survivalVar" is not available to the
beta task. Any suggestions would be apprieciated.

<target name="error_analysis">
     <batch iterations="5" name="ea">
        <property name="ea_survivalVar" value="0.015"/>
        <beta name="ea_survivalMean" mean="0.98" std="${ea_survivalVar}"/>
        <antcall target="pva"/>

the batch tag is really simple it is just a TaskContainer that performs
its nested tasks a specific number of times:

          if (name != null) {
              if (iterations <= 0) {
                  throw new BuildException("You must specify the number
of iterations ( > 0 )",location);

          for(int i = 0 ; i < iterations ; i++){
              project.setProperty(name, Integer.toString(i));
              for (Enumeration e = nestedTasks.elements();
e.hasMoreElements();) {
                  Task nestedTask = (Task)e.nextElement();

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>