ant-user mailing list archives

From "A Competitor" <acompeti...@hotmail.com>
Subject [TEST] JTest 4.4 and Ant
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 08:10:13 GMT
I have evaluated JTest version 4.5 and with respect to Ant:

JTest reports an incredible amount of runtime errors in Ant (copied part of
the JTest report):
[ 255  ]  Uncaught Runtime Exceptions
[ 165 ] java.lang.NullPointerException
[ 14 ] java.lang.ClassNotFoundException
[ 1 ] java.io.IOException
[ 19 ] org.apache.tools.ant.BuildException
[ 31 ] java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
[ 1 ] java.util.NoSuchElementException
[ 6 ] java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException
[ 1 ] java.lang.NumberFormatException
[ 1 ] java.lang.ClassCastException
[ 12 ] java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException
[ 3 ] java.lang.ArithmeticException
[ 1 ] java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

Can anyone tell me what the impact of this large amount of errors ?
I am a QA tester and my boss wants to use JTest in our QA proces.
Can I convince him otherwise ....
(did you now that you can't analyze JTest itself since it refuses to analyze
"com.parasoft" packages)

A somewhat disgruntled tester.