ant-user mailing list archives

From "Zabel, Ian" <IZa...@cirqit.com>
Subject "Unclosed comment" error with jdk1.4.1 while compiling
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 23:13:41 GMT
When I compile our code with the javac task in Ant 1.5 or 1.5.1beta, while
running with jdk1.4.1 RC, I get compile errors saying that we have unclosed
comments at the end of our classes.

Our classes end like this:

class OurClass
{

} // end OurClass
// end OurClass.java

This is just a legacy coding convention that is in about 300 classes. When
compiling these classes with jdk1.4.1 RC from the command line, they all
compile fine. It's only a problem when compiling through ant, while running
on jdk1.4.1 RC. If we run ant with jdk1.4.0, it works fine too.

Are there compatibility problems with jdk1.4.1 RC and ant 1.5+?

Ian Zabel
Cirqit.com