ant-user mailing list archives

From William Gustave <>
Subject Global Variables from the command line
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 19:59:43 GMT
Is it possible to set the Global Variables from the command line in an Ant
build file. I am using the <input> tag and I just don't see how in the Ant
tutorial to do this.

I have pasted the code below.

<project name="ems" default="dist" basedir=".">
    <description>Enhanced Magazine Site build file</description>
<!-- set global properties for this build -->
  <property name="src" location="SourceCode"/>
  <property name="build" location="classes"/>
  <property name="dist"  location="dist"/>
  <property name="doc"  location="doc"/>

  <target name="init">
  <echo message="${src}"/>
    message="All data is going to be deleted from DB continue (y/n)?"
    validargs="americasnetwork,telecomplanet" />
    <!-- Create the time stamp -->
    <!-- Create the build directory structure used by compile -->
    <mkdir dir="${build}"/>

William Gustave

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>