ant-user mailing list archives

From "A Competitor" <acompeti...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [TEST] JTest 4.4 and Ant
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 12:04:02 GMT
Dear Stefan,

>From: Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org>

>Is JTest a competitor to Ant?  Does it build projects?
>
> > JTest reports an incredible amount of runtime errors in Ant
No, JTest is a Quality Assurance tool that performs static- and dynamic
analysis on Java projects.

>would be nice to see the detailed report, so we could evaluate them.
>If possible, open a bug report at bugzilla and attach it, so we can
>wade through it and fix the things that may be real problems.
>
> > [ 165 ] java.lang.NullPointerException

Here is a problem: I cannot attach the files I want to send because the
apache mailserver rejects anything larger than 400Kb.
Therefor I will send a gzipped tar file with examples to your personal
apache mailaccount !
Maybe you can put some of it on the forum.

>would JTest see that the javadocs say something like "must not be
>null" for method arguments?

Yes, if you choose to use Parasoft's DbC tool and add appropriate javadoc
statements. But then you need to commit to DbC which changes your code when
compiling the sources (adds checks based on DbC javadoc)

Greetings