ant-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew van Renen" <avanre...@hotmail.com>
Subject case inconsistencies on Windows file names
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2002 16:26:23 GMT

Diane Holt wrote:
><fileset> has a 'casesensitive' attribute you can use to turn off
>case-sensitivity (it's on by default).

I see from the docs that zip 'forms an implicit FileSet' whereas delete
obviously doesn't.

So is the bug then that (on Windows) the default casesensitive for delete
and available is false (and cannot be changed!), and the default for
zip/fileset/et al is true?

Well, maybe not a true bug, but certainly untidy.  I take it filesets are
new, and that we can expect all tasks to eventually follow the fileset
route?

Andrew