ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dushyant Shrivastava" <dus...@yambay.com>
Subject Starting JBoss from ANT
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 04:01:26 GMT

Hi,
I had posted a message earlier about running JUnit tests inside the same VM as JBoss so as
to enable the testing of local interfaces and I did get a few responses back. Thanks everyone!

Now one of the most common response was to start Jboss environment from within my tests.Hence
i started by adding the following lines in my build.xml to start JBoss server
.
   <!-- =================================================================== -->
   <!-- Starts up JBoss                                                     -->
   <!-- =================================================================== -->

     <target name="runjboss" depends="init">
  	  <exec dir = "${jboss.home}/bin"
         executable = "${jboss.home}/bin/run.bat"
	   os = "Windows 2000">
	  </exec>
    </target>

However, now it starts JBoss but then does not execute any tasks after this one as JBoss just
holds on to the VM. Exec task does not support the FORK option either, but in any case I do
not wish to use the fork option as it will beat the whole purpose of running the tests inside
the same JVM as JBoss. Does anyone has any idea how to get around this problem?

P.S I know Cactus is one of the way out but at the moment, my project team is not too keen
on trialling out another new tool and Junit would be the easiest way for our implementation.

In short I would apprecate if anyone has already done this and could give me specific directions
or advise me on how to run the JUnit tests inside the same VM as JBoss so that I can test
my local interfaces as well!
Also attached is my build.xml file for anyone who wants to investigate this further,

Thanks a lot in advance,

Cheers
Dushy
______________________
DUSHYANT SHRIVASTAVA
Software Engineer

YAMBAY

tel      +61 (0) 8 9323 6999
mob  +61 (0) 402 902 652
fax     +61 (0) 8 9325 2688
web   www.yambay.com

Yambay Technologies Pty Ltd
7th Floor, The Victoria, 14-16 Victoria Ave, Perth. WA, 6000, Australia
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for
the use of those persons to
whom the message is addressed. If you have received this message in error, please destroy
and delete this
message from your computer. Any unauthorised form of reproduction of this message or any files
transmitted with
it is strictly prohibited. yambay does not make any warranty concerning the security of any
information electronically
transmitted and disclaims all liability for the proper and complete transmission of any information
contained or purportedly
contained in this message, nor for any delay in its receipt. If you receive this message in
error please notify the sender.
 <<build.xml>>