ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dushyant Shrivastava" <dus...@yambay.com>
Subject RE: Running Junit tests inside the same VM
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2002 09:11:45 GMT
Hi Uli,
Thanks for the prompt reply mate! Now I did have a vague idea of what I need to do to get
the tests running in the same JVM. However my understanding was that Ant already does that
for you! More specifically, I am referring to the second option u mentioned!

Ok here is a snippet from my Ant file:

   <!-- =================================================================== -->
   <!-- Creates the jar archives                                            -->
   <!-- =================================================================== -->

   <target name="jar" depends="compile">
      <mkdir dir="${build.deploy.dir}"/>
      <mkdir dir="${build.bin.dir}"/>
      <jar

      </jar>
   </target>

   <!-- =================================================================== -->
   <!-- Creates the client binary  , deploys it in JBoss                    -->
   <!-- =================================================================== -->

   <target name="deploy-server" depends="jar">
      <copy todir="${jboss.deploy}">
         <fileset dir="${build.deploy.dir}" includes="*.jar">
         </fileset>
      </copy>
   </target>

   <!-- =================================================================== -->
   <!-- Runs the test                                                           -->
   <!-- =================================================================== -->

<target name="test" depends="jar, deploy-server">
   <mkdir dir="${reports}"/>
   <junit printsummary="true" >
          <formatter type="xml" />
                <jvmarg value = "-Djava.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory"
/>
                <jvmarg value = "-Djava.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces"/>
                <jvmarg value = "-Djava.naming.provider.url=10.61.6.142"/>
                <jvmarg value = "-Djava.security.policy=C:/J2EE/jboss-3.0.0/server/default/conf/server.policy"/>

          <test  name="com.yambay.nps.istesting.MessagingTestCase"
                    todir="${reports}" />

          <classpath>
                   <pathelement location="/MACH/jacob.jar"/>
                  <fileset dir="${ant.home}/lib">

          </classpath>

  </target>

Now, according to this xml, dosen;t it first deploy the test.jar into jboss and then remotely
trigger execution of the test, like you mentioned in your second point. If I am wrong, could
you please tell me, what else do i need to do in my JUnit task to do so!
Option 1 is not a very feasible option for me, so I would like to get option 2 working. Now
if I do run this build.xml i get the following error,
"Need to specify class name in environment or system property, or as an applet parameter :
java.naming.factory.initial expected

Finally,  our project team dosen't want to go through a hassle of using yet another tool like
Cactus, do you think that we can achieve the same through simple JUnit clases inside JBoss
or Cactus is the way to go?

Thank you so much once again,
Dushy