ant-user mailing list archives

From Heikki Doeleman <hei...@info.nl>
Subject PropertyFileInputHandler change request
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2002 16:32:39 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to have Ant read its input from a properties file instead of the
console (using PropertyFileInputHandler), but I haven't gotten it to work
when the input message contains spaces.

I like to use the same build.xml file both when I use the default
inputhandler and when I use PropertyFileInputHandler; for that reason I
would like the message of the input task to be a polite question to the user
(including spaces ..)

My input task looks like :
<input message="Please type in the name of the module for which to generate
javadoc:" addproperty="javadoc.module"/>

My properties file contains the line
'Please type in the name of the module for which to generate javadoc:' =
testmodule

When I run my program, the output is
file:D:/ant/demo/build.xml:87: Unable to find input for 'Please type in the
name of the module for which to generate javadoc:'

It works correctly if I have no spaces in the input message, but as I
explained above, I'd like to put a full question in there, not just one
word.

Is there a way around this? If not, would it be an idea to change Input such
that it has an optional argument "key" which if set would be used for the
lookup by PropertyFileInputHandler ?

Regards,
Heikki

P.S. is this the right forum for this or should I rather have used the Ant
developers' list ?

Heikki Doeleman
Info.nl - Sint Antoniesbreestraat 16 - 1011 HB  Amsterdam
Tel. +31 (0)20 530 9100 - Fax. +31 (0)20 530 9101
heikki@info.nl - http://info.nl <http://info.nl/>