ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Task missing method ? Write an ant project to disk ?
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2002 16:00:36 GMT
As a French working in the US but planning to go back to France soon (OK,
eventually ;-), this bleak picture of recruitment of developers in France is
saddening, and I hope not entirely true... One always meets with HR
representatives during an interview (in the US, France, or elsewhere), but
hopefully a few fellow developers as well, who can ask the tough questions
like 'why re-inventing the wheel instead of participating into a larger
open-source project?'. I'd add that working within the realm of an
open-source project, the learning opportunities are far greater than when
working on one's own, because of all the bright minds sharing their
expertises, and arguing about many things ;-) Yes, it can be frustrating
sometimes, but indeed very stimulating.

So Olivier, I think you might want to reconsider this... Cheers, --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Olivier SCHMITT [mailto:oschmitt@free.fr]
Sent: Monday, September 16, 2002 10:59 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: Task missing method ? Write an ant project to disk ?

<snip/>

yes i agree with all of you but i'm french.
I'm actually living in Toulouse France.
So what ?
I'm looking for an engineer like job, the people i met during my interviews
have for most
no knowledge in computer science, we call them "ressources humaines".
Most of them come from sales and marketing : they know how to read emails
and that's all folks !

<snip/>