ant-user mailing list archives

From "Keith Hatton" <>
Subject RE: <XSLT>, Ant 1.5 and a proxy server
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 13:18:49 GMT
I couldn't find the exact reference but I seem to recall you just need to do the equivalent
of<<url of proxy server>>

which (I think) could either be part of your ANT_OPTS environment variable or (if you fork
the task to another JVM) a <jvmarg>

-----Original Message-----
From: M Damon Hill []
Sent: 06 September 2002 12:48
Subject: <XSLT>, Ant 1.5 and a proxy server

All bad combinations, I admit, but here is the situation.

I am trying to use the <xslt> task with Ant 1.5 and unfortunately I have to connect
through a proxy server

to get to the internet. In the XSL document I am using for my transformation, it binds using
the typical xsl

and xalan sites. However, I get a connection failure becuase of the proxy when I try to execute
my target.

Here is the header of the XSL document:

<xsl:transform version="1.0"

Here is the target I am trying to execute with xslt:

<!-- install the deployed EAR file (XMLConfig) -->

<target name="install_app_xmlconfig" depends="dist">
  <echo message="Installing EAR file"/>
  <xslt in="${dist}/xml/ear/application.xml"

Question is, does the xslt target support connection through a proxy? Or is there another

I am just overlooking.

Thanks in advance.

M Damon Hill

Integrator : TURBO/Jets

Valtech Technoloies, Inc.

"Science is built up of facts, as a house is built of stones; but

an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a heap of stones

is a house." - Henri Poincare

Do You Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>