ant-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Cuprak <>
Subject Re: [Q:] Writing a simple Ant task?
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2002 17:42:29 GMT

 To accomplish this, you need to write a param class that extends DataType,
has a default constructor and setter/getter methods for the attributes. In
the mytask (extends Task), you add a method "addParam" which takes your
param class.
 Hopefully that answers your question!

-Ryan Cuprak

On 9/25/02 7:51 AM, "David M. Smith" <>

> Hi,
> I wanted to write a task along the following lines
> <mytask srcfile="" destfile="">
>       <param find="Key1" replaceWith="Value1"/>
>       <param find="Key2" replaceWith="Value2"/>
>       <param find="Keyn" replaceWith="Valuen"/>
> </mytask>
> In reading through the documentation trying to write this task I came
> across copy and filterset which seem to do exactly what I want.
> However, I would still like to understand how I would write this task.
> Looking at the Ant source code, it seems generic enough to be able to
> handle arbitary nested elements, but what methods must I put on my task
> class to support this? I am thinking createParam(), setParam() and
> getParam().
> Do I need to create a ant.types.Param class?
> Any advice that helps me write this task would be gratefully received.
> Regards,
> David

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>