ant-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Cuprak <507...@corpmail.kodak.com>
Subject Filter Task Note - effect on binary files
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2002 13:55:39 GMT
Hello,
 Noticed something weird with the filter task - even if a file has no tokens
it still somehow "changes" the file. For configuring Jboss I had written an
ant script that copied over the configuration files and apply local settings
(so I could easily move between home and work). However, JBoss refused to
start after running the ant script. I eventually pinned it down to the
copy/filter of files in the deploy directory. I would copy the directory
over and apply a filter to replace mail settings etc. However, the jars in
the directory would end up toasted and jboss would error out on startup.
There was no difference in the size of the jars. I am guessing that perhaps
the jars are now 'unicoded' - but that is just a guess. So, just thought
that this tidbit might helpful to someone - had me baffled at first.

-Ryan Cuprak