ant-user mailing list archives

From Paidighantam Venkata Suresh <psure...@vanenburg.com>
Subject RE: Size of attachment in the mail task
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 04:04:31 GMT

Hi,

I am not using any encoder, I am just using the mail task of ANT. I tried
sending a file of 860KB, it failed, however I can send a file of size 400kb
using the mail task.

For this reason I was just wondering is there any size limit that can be
sent as an attachment.

Regards,
Suresh

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, 2 September 2002 7:32 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Size of attachment in the mail task

On Mon, 2 Sep 2002, Paidighantam Venkata Suresh
<psuresh1@vanenburg.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have an idea as to what is the maximum size of files
> that can be sent as an attachment using the "mail" task?

This may depend on the encoding (i.e. are you using Ant's uuencoder or
JavaMail), the heap memory of your JVM, the receiving SMTP server, ...

Stefan

privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message
disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or
omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in
error.