ant-user mailing list archives

From Naveen_JaiDayal <>
Subject Ant build problem URGENT!!!!!!
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2002 11:51:08 GMT
Hi All
I have started using Ant1.5 just today. I have installed everything as per
the manual says.
My OS version is Win2k, JDK version is 1.3 etc.
I tried to build a small web application. The Ant utility created the whole
target dir structure, copied
every thing there. After that it started to compile the java files and gave
this error.
D:\testing\navTestSite\build.xml:104: Cannot use classic compiler, as it is
not available A common
solution is to set the environment variable JAVA_HOME to your jdk directory.
Please anybody help me here why this is happening because I have set the
JAVA_HOME property in
my environment variables properly. It is JAVA_HOME=D:\JDK1.3.
What is this classic/modern compiler problem?
Thanks a Lot
is appreciated.