ant-user mailing list archives

From Dirk.Skla...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject AW: Javac task question
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 13:48:22 GMT
Hi,

when you compile your sources manually, maybe the debug-option is not
switched off by default.

when you use ant with your task, the debug-option is definitively switched
off.

<javac srcdir="${src.dir}"
       destdir="${build.dir}">
  <classpath refid="classpath" />
</javac>

extend your task in the following way and the size of the class-files
should be the same:

<javac srcdir="${src.dir}"
       destdir="${build.dir}"
       debug="on" >
  <classpath refid="classpath" />
</javac>

CU
Dirk Sklarek

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Johnson, Matthew C. (LNG-MBC)
[mailto:Matthew.C.Johnson@lexisnexis.com]
Gesendet am: Mittwoch, 11. September 2002 15:29
An: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Betreff: Javac task question

All,

I am using Ant 1.4.1 with Java 1.2.2_06 for Solaris and am finding that when
I use the javac task to compile my source, the resulting size of the .class
files are different that when I manually compile on the command-line.

The task I use is:

<javac srcdir="${src.dir}"
       destdir="${build.dir}">
  <classpath refid="classpath" />
</javac>

And the command-line compile I use is simply "javac *.java" with no options
except the defaults.  I think it could be something along the lines of
optimization.  I'm not having any trouble with the resulting class files
working...it's just that the different byte sizes can be somewhat confusing.
Any ideas?

Thanks.

Matt Johnson