ant-user mailing list archives

From Scott Ellsworth <>
Subject all platform diff with ANT?
Date Sat, 14 Sep 2002 18:26:29 GMT
Hi, all.

Apologies if this appears twice.

I have a build where I transform a file to make a template, then, if
the result of the transformation is differerent than the last time I
transformed it, I generate a zillion more files and compile them.

The best way to check the uptodate status is a diff, I believe, as all
sorts of touches to the main file will not actually make a difference
to the transformed result.

Is there a pure java task, built in or otherwise, that will diff two
files, setting a property if they are not the same?  If this were
unix-only, I could just exec 'diff', but this has to work on Windows
without cygwin, so I have to be able to package it up as a java jar

If someone has a clever hack involving system specific executables, I
could fall back to that.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message