ant-user mailing list archives

From Dave Smith <DSm...@12.com>
Subject Capture build log
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2002 18:33:10 GMT
Hi,

I'm running ant from an automated build script, and I need to capture the
build output to a log file. I'm using the "output" property of the "ant"
task to accomplish this, but unfortunately the log file ends prematurely
whenever there is a build failure. For example, if the build ends with a
compile error, the build log output ends like this:

build:
    [javac] Compiling 7 source files to C:\depot\main\caf\build\classes

... Ant stops recording output to the file right before listing the compiler
errors, which is the most important thing for me to capture!

How can I make Ant capture the entire log output from start to finish? Is
there a way for me to instruct ant to use verbose level output (equivalent
to "-verbose" on the command line)?

Here's the ant command in my build script:
      <ant antfile="build/build.xml"
           inheritAll="false"
           output="${log.dir}/build.txt" >

Thanks,