ant-user mailing list archives

From EXT / FOCAL MALAPRADE Roland <ext.focal.malapr...@sncf.fr>
Subject RE: DTD?
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 15:35:38 GMT
Hi,

I am getting an intermittent error from Ant in which he doesn't seem to be
able to load JAR files placed in %ANT_HOME%\lib.
sometimes Ant won't load optional.jar, or NetComponents or today
"antcontrib".

This seems to happen after a java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

When I first got this problem I added the jar to the system classpath, but
it seemed sort of clunky. later when I removed it, it worked fine.

Can anyone who's had this problem point me to a solution?

My setup is:
- Ant 1.5 (9 July 2002)
- JDK 1.3.1-b24
- Windows 2000 SP1

Roland.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Shackelford, John-Mason [mailto:ShacJo@ncs.com]
Envoye : jeudi 12 septembre 2002 16:21
A : 'Ant Users List'
Objet : RE: DTD?

Condor wrote:

> The reason you can't easily have a DTD for Ant, in general, is not to do
> with attribute values and more to do with the fact that the document
> itself can modify the allowable elements (i.e. taskdef can create new
> elements).

I am not sure how to solve all of the problems associated with creating a
DTD for ant, but it seems to me that this one could be solved (in Ant2) if
we were to have a separate XML document for configuring Ant's environment.
The Taskdefs would go in this configuration document and not in the
build.xml. Perhaps others do not have this perception, but I've always
thought that the taskdefs, etc. were really metadata that didn't belong in
the build.xml anyway.

Once this were done this second file could be consulted for building the
DTD. Perhaps we'd also need a contract for custom tasks that would require
them to identify themselves in such a way that accurate DTD info could be
built. This mechanism might also help on the documentation side as well.

I do think that being able to produce a validatable build.xml is a worthy
goal, though it will certianly require some thought.

John-Mason Shackelford

Software Developer
NCS Pearson - Measurement Services
2510 North Dodge St.