ant-user mailing list archives

From EXT / FOCAL MALAPRADE Roland <ext.focal.malapr...@sncf.fr>
Subject FTP Optional task on GET action - is changing files' last modifie d date
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 16:28:41 GMT
Hi,

I am using the FTP task to retrieve files and it works fine, but when I look
at the files' last modified date, they are set to the date/time of transfer.
I actually need the last modified date of the files to decide if they are OK
or not.
I noticed the <copy> task has an attribute "preservelastmodified", which is
what i'm basically looking for.

I've read the manual, searched through old ant-user mail archive, and
searched the Web, but haven't found anything.

Is it maybe dependant on the FTP server (I'll have to admit I don't know
which server software it is running)?
Is there any parameters to pass to the FTP task which does that?

BTW when I copy files with the Windows Explorer (yea I know, I haven't got
around to installing an FTP client :) ), the files' last modified date is
the same as on the server.

I am using:
- Ant 1.5 (build of 9 July 2002)
- NetComponents 1.3.8a