ant-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject iteration question...
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 05:05:29 GMT

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out the best way to iterate over some directories and
create a list of packages so that I can add the list to the
"excludepackagenames" in the <javadoc> task.

I've looked at <foreach> but it seems to require the calling of a target
for each matched token and I don't think I need to do that.

Basically, we have package in the "src" directory and then a "contrib"
directory which contains directories for each user providing a contrib
package.  Within each of those contrib packges is a "webapp" directory
which contains the webapp build for demonstrations of the other generic
contributed code.  What I'd like to do is exclude the "webapp" directory
from each contrib project.  So, it might look something like this in the
end....

excludepackagenames="org.enhydra.barracuda.contrib.dbroggisch.webapp.*,
org.enhydra.barracuda.contrib.ccryder.webapp.*, [more contrib package
webapp directories...]"

I hope that makes sense.  Obviously I could hardcode the specific packages
I want excluded, but I want to provide a generic solution that won't need
maintainance every time a new contrib project is added.

Jake